“Yoga means our embodied experience of non-separation. Everything… the trees, the rocks, the mountains, other people—everything is made out of one essence. And yoga means we know that, in our body as our felt experience.” Richard Miller PHD
About The Teacher:
Rebecca Sullivan began studying and practicing Yoga and Meditation in 1993 and commenced teaching in 2004. Rebecca is passionate about integrating her knowledge of both western and eastern psychology into her teaching of yoga and her classes always provide space for deep somatic exploration and for ease of being.
“I love to dance, I love to play with my children, I love to sit in stillness, I love to walk in nature – for me, yoga is the presence of grace found in all of these activities. At sixteen I was fortunate to stumble upon the practice of yoga; from there I found my time on the mat fostered peace and harmony, presence of mind and ongoing self-inquiry that has travelled with me off the mat. Yoga has seen me through joyful and challenging times, heartache and happiness. Reflecting on my 25 years of practice, I can honestly say that yoga is the thread that continues to sow me to the soft textures of peace that pervade this tapestry of life.” – Rebecca Sullivan
- Advanced Diploma of Yoga (Australian Institute of Yoga Therapy)
- Bachelor Degree – Psychology (University of Melbourne)
- Certified iRest® Teacher (iRest Institute)
- Advanced Yoga Teacher Certification (Donna Farhi)
- Life Force Yoga for Mood Management level 1 Certification (Amy Weintraub)
- Prenatal Yoga Certification (Janice Clarefeild)
- Co-director of Yoga Belly – Birth Preparation and Education Clinics (2007-2012)
- Member of Yoga Australia (YA)
- Member Australian Psychology Association (APA)
Rebecca currently offers private Yoga and Meditation sessions in Melbourne, Victoria.